DC Is Goin Straight N.O. For InAuguration

Author: The One // Category:





I know so many of you are more than likely coming here for Inauguration. Just so everyone knows DC is going straight New Orleans for Inauguration. So come stumble through the streets drunk with a sister!

In a semi-unpopular decision, The D.C. Council approved emergency legislation yesterday evening that will allow District bars, nightclubs and restaurants to serve alcohol until 5 a.m. -- three hours later than usual -- and remain open for food around the clock from Jan. 17 until the morning after Obama's swearing-in Jan. 20.

On the opposing team was Phil Mendelson (D-At Large):

"I know a lot of people are excited about the inauguration and I share that excitement," Mendelson said. "But there are very few people I know of out partying at 5 in the morning or 4 in the morning who aren't getting drunk. I think there are going to be consequences to that from a public safety and public order point of view. It's not a good policy to be supporting."



On a normal week, bars and nightclubs can serve alcohol until 2 a.m. on weekdays and until 3 a.m. on Fridays and Saturdays. The only day the city regularly extends normal drinking hours is Jan. 1, when bars are allowed to keep serving alcohol until 4 a.m.

Well Mr. Mendelson, and everyone else in opposition...I consinder myself a professional at this partying til the sunrise thing and honestly, I've never done it sober but I've never caused a problem either. So as they say back home Le Bon Temps Roule , Let The Good Times Roll.

I'll also post some of the upcoming events on my blog, for all my fellow clubbers!

0 Responses to "DC Is Goin Straight N.O. For InAuguration"

Post a Comment